Vision & Mission
AMCCU is a fully-registered charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission.
Vision: Celebrating your true identity – the unique person that you are
Mission: Creating awareness of the uniqueness and diversity of multi-cultural Australia
Purpose: The objects for which the Company is established are:
- (a) Australian Multi-Cultural Communities United Limited (“AMCCU”) encourages, endorses, and fosters reconciliation, acceptance and co-operation between the different races, ethnic and religious groups living in Australia to bond them into one community)
- (b) It supports the social and economic integration of migrants and new community members
- (c) It promotes the multi-cultural diversity of food, film, music, dance, fashion, art, languages, customs, and traditions in Australia
AMCCU achieves and promotes its objectives mainly by –
- Organising or supporting community and cultural events such as talks, festivals & shows;
- Producing or sponsoring creative arts and media projects to unite diverse communities;
- Supporting like-minded community groups & non-for profit organisations to bring their projects into life; and
- Liaising and collaborating with government and non-government organisations to implement inclusion strategies
Understanding & Acceptance
Connecting & Celebrating
Lin enjoys working with diverse communities, uniting them and showcasing their cultural achievements. She does this best as a Writer & TV Producer, where her bold and thought-provoking messages aim to create awareness in the global community.
Her love for humanity manifests in her being on board of three additional charities, the Change Your Past Foundation Inc - a charity in the mental health space, the Generation 1 Migrant Association Inc. – a charity that supports migrants, and also the Muslim Professional Association which she supports as the Media Manager.
Lin moved to Melbourne in 2008 and is in an interracial marriage.
The Salvation Army, Cross Road, BEAT (Bridging Education And Training), The Muslim Women Council of Victoria, The Muslimah Islamic Group, and the Migrant Hub & MiHub Café, North Richmond Community Health Centre.
Norisiah's achievements are too numerous to list here but she was selected for the First Women's Honour role by the Victorian Goverment; received the Centenary Medal from Queen Elizabeth II and is recognised by FACSIA for her services to Muslim women.
Nora has spent more than half of her life in Melbourne and she is in an interracial marriage.
Whilst his career has made him an expert for opening new markets and organisational development, in the last 16 years he has used this knowledge to assist a variety of organisations –
• involved in environmental protection (Founder & Chair of the Global Biosphere Foundation, The Netherlands);
• creating a sustainable future (Co-Founder & Chair of The Global Foundation of Sustainable Communities Ltd, Australia, & Co-Founder and Board Director of the Coral Triangle Society, Philippines);
• making a difference to people experiencing mental health challenges (Chair & CEO of the Change Your Past Foundation Inc., Australia); and
• fostering reconciliation, acceptance and co-operation between different races, ethnic and religious groups living in Australia (Co-Founder & Secretary of Generation 1 Migration Association Inc. & Board Member of Muslim Professional Association, Australia).
Frank has lived in Australia for 25 years and is in an interracial marriage.
Likewise, Musa is also actively involved in a variety of organisations such as the Australian Pencak Silat Foundation (ASPF). Pencak Silat is a form of traditional martial arts that originated from South East Asia.
What brought Musa to AMCCU is his pasttime desire of supporting cultural diverse communities with events management, something he has done for the last 30 years.
Musa migrated to Australia more than 35 years ago and was in an interracial marriage.
She has managed organisational change programs across a variety of disciplines and is passionate about empowering teams to excel as well as embedding systems and structures that create efficient working environments that respond to the market.
Lisa was born in Australia and she and other family members have been in interracial relationships
Become an AMCCU Team Member
Are you passionate about migrants, our multicultural community in Australia and would love to contribute to our cause?If so, let us know, please