Help Small Businesses this Giving Tuesday
It is almost the end of 2020. A year that has been anything but easy for people all around the world. There has hardly been a part of our regular lives that hasn’t been affected by this global pandemic. With lockdowns imposing us to stay at home, affecting jobs, forcing businesses both big and small to shut shop for extended periods of time, the hardships endured especially by the small businesses is limitless.
Whilst we are still in the midst of the pandemic, we can still start undoing all the damages it has caused starting this Giving Tuesday on December 1. And in an attempt for the same, we at the Australian Multi-cultural Communities United (AMCCU) are launching our first ever Giving Tuesday campaign, #GivingBizDay. We ask only one thing of you – Generosity. Generosity of your time, kindness, voice and money.
This #GivingBizDay, we intend to help at least a hundred small businesses by supporting them in digitising them, adding in local networks, spreading the word in social media and more simple ways. While it will cost the businesses nothing, it will cost us up to $100/business for a year. And this is where we need your help!
There are so many ways that you can give the gift of kindness this Giving Tuesday
- Avoid going to big shopping centres and national retailers and franchises. Instead, buy the products, use the services and attend the events of local community businesses.
- When you are there, find out how they are doing. If they are struggling, contact AMCCU and tell us the business owner’s name, contact details, and what resources they may require. Feel free to tell the owner that a charity named AMCCU is raising money for small businesses and that you, as a local customer, wish to nominate them to receive our free assistance.
- Donate COVID-19 essentials such as hand sanitisers, masks to your neighbourhood businesses.
- Hold virtual fundraising events with colleagues, friends and family. It gives you a reason to connect with people while also helping the community!
- Lend your voice to advocate #GivingBizDay within your community and become an ambassador.
- Support small businesses owned by people of colour and from minority communities by giving them a shout out on your social media.
- Record your experience with #GivingBizDay and share it on your social media with the #GivingTuesdayAus to reach as many people as possible. Don’t forget to tag us too!
- Consider donating to the AMCCU #GivingBizDay appeal. You can donate this towards a specific business you care about or leave it to us to choose a business in need.
Do get onboard the Giving Tuesday 2020 bandwagon and help us make this Christmas season a season of happiness for small business owners and their families through #GivingBizDay! Just like we came together to pull the strings on the COVID-19 infections in our communities, Australia, let us get together yet again to turn around the losses it has caused!